Thursday, August 22, 2013

the merry-go-round

Lately Kathryn's been singing the chorus to a song that Charlotte Kropf wrote. She composed music as well, and the tune is very catchy. (meaning it goes around and around in my head :). )

"So I stepped off the merry-go-round
What they've been looking for is what I have found
I already know where I'm bound
I'm just watching the wheel go around"

I've just been tossing thoughts around in my head about whether it would be a good thing to get off the spin we seem to be on?
I guess it would depend a lot on why, and if you had a purpose in withdrawing. I tend to feel like it's a bit of a "cop out" for some people. When we lived in Central America as children, we made up little ditties like:

We live in Belize
sit under palm trees
eating cheese
never have to sneeze.....ect., ect....

We lived in a certain version of paradise I guess. (At least if you didn't think about the heat and bugs and thieves)
I wonder if some of the stress I feel now is a condition of my mind? Isolation doesn't necessarily equal peace.
Jesus did leave the crowds for short seasons, but then He went back into humanity again with renewed vision and purpose.
Anyway, I don't have a plan to "get off the wheel" but I know I need to live with eternal purpose and not just mindlessly rush around.
Solomon said it well. "So teach me to number my days, that I may apply my heart unto wisdom."


No comments:

Post a Comment